News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

An organ transplanted to Australia

Started by revtonynewnham, April 02, 2018, 10:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revtonynewnham

Hi

I had quite a surprise yesterday morning, when this appeared on my You Tube subscriptions e-maila:- https://youtu.be/tbL-HlGHdD8

The thumbnail (of the top of one of the pipe towers) immediately looked familiar, and when I saw the whole organ, I realised it was the c.1820 chamber organ in my  last church, Heaton Baptist in Bradford.  A much travelled instrument that wre think was built by a skilled amateur woodworker copying a much older instrument for some of the details.  When the church closed, we used the normal channels to advertise the availability of the organ, and received an enquiry from Australia, and eventually the organ was sold to them.  It was removed and packed by Willis', who had restored the organ the a few years earlier and had the care of it since. 

It's very pleasing to see and hear the results.  The organ  has been saved.

My You Tube channel has a few recordings of the instrument at Heaton - some pre-restoration.

Every Blessing

Tony