News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

News of a 10 rank Orchestrelle chopped up and burned

Started by organforumadmin, September 09, 2017, 10:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

organforumadmin

Tony very kindly forwarded me an email . . . with in passing the following news:
QuoteIt is becoming increasingly difficult to house even excellent            instruments. Only a couple of days ago I learned of a Model Y            Orchestrelle in Golders Green, fully restored, 10 full ranks            plus bass, honey oak casework, with matching stool and a            blower in a matching cabinet, which was taken into the garden,            chopped up and burned. This was within the last fortnight; The            owner, a wealthy man, had become tired of it.

Organ preservation needs a higher profile!

Best wishes

Forum Admin

JBR

The owner might have been wealthy and probably didn't need any more money, but why did the selfish bugger not offer it for sale on ebay, preferably at a knock down price?  I'm sure he'd have got rid of it more quickly and easily than chopping it up and burning it.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

David Pinnegar

Probably because there is a breed of wealthy bugger as you put it appropriately who thinks they have earned it so they can do what they like with what they have earned. They have no appreciation, let alone respect, for others our the work of others that they might have benefitted from.

This is why the understanding of the work of the Creator has universal value

Best wishes

David P