News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

2-M+P organ in the Kettering area

Started by Fr. Otto, November 14, 2017, 02:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fr. Otto

...This number: 182895433321... should lead to the above. I've contacted the vendor, trying to persuade him to give a bit more detail (I think picture 1 has the/a maker's name visible but not readable just below the console lamp; the front pipes look like pretty good spotted metal; where exactly it is might help anyone interested) but, I suppose he's got other things to do. Couldn't find it in NPOR, so at a loss but stops appear to be:
Swell:  Horn 8', Gemshorn 4', Lieblich Gedacht 8', and Viole de Gamba 8'
Great: Flauto Traverso 8', Dulciana 8', Rohrflote 8', Open Diapason (those spotted metal pipes) 8'
Pedal: Bourdon 16'
Couplers: Sw. to Gt., Sw. to Ped., and Gt. to Ped..
If I were still in my North Devon Cure, I'd probably be off there with a Luton-top, and one or two chaps, to dismantle it and bring it down!
FJRO
p.s. ...all that 8-foot work, and just the one 4-foot, would bring on a seizure today - no squeaky stuff at all!

diapason

I think many people wish you WERE still there, Fr Otto.  The organ in your former church is no longer used and they have replaced it with a music box.  I enquired about the post some months ago and was told that they don't want an organist.  I understand that the Anglo-Catholic tradition is also under attack.

Very sad.

Fr. Otto

... yes, wonderful are the ways of 'CofE': I was reckoned to be 'time-expired' so put out to grass - and someone three years older - who'd never run a Parish - put in! But, older and inexperienced though he was, he held good 'liberal' views about everything; I understand he's now got the message that it's not going well, and is looking to move...
F.
p.s. The vendor of the Organ in question, has now added some information: it is in NPOR (Thrapston) and seems to be by Claypole. He also now gives the dimensions in those new-fangle measurements I can't fathom, and worries whether what must be one side of the Pedal pipes can be removed from the wall, the corresponding ones being attached to the back of the case.

diapason

I hope and pray that he does go - for the good of the parish.  I met one lady from the parish - a warden, I think, who came to a Mass at our church when the Bishop of Ebbsfleet was celebrating.  She spent a long time talking to him privately about the situation.  I don't know the outcome.  The little organ there would be far better that the jukebox they've installed - and it could, perhaps be made back into a two-manual if space allows.

This little organ is one of several on Ebay at the moment.  I hope it finds a good home.