News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Wanted: Kimber Allen Drawstop Solenoids for home organ project.

Started by kesterlester, April 10, 2019, 11:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kesterlester

To complete a home organ build, I am looking to amass a collection of between 20 and 40 drawstop solenoids. Second hand and recovered units would be fine.  Ideally I'd prefer the AS013 type (short throw) from Kimber Allen, but I'd consider all sorts if I could get enough of them simultaneously for the right price. [I'd like to avoid having to integrate solenoids of different designs into one organ!]

If the prices for new ones quoted by https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173716719625 are anywhere near accurate, I will not be able to afford these new -- at least not now.  But I should start saving now in case this forum doesn't come up with anything ...

matathew

I have a collection of around 20 KA solenoid drawstops which are currently surplus to requirements.

I'll try to "pm" you with some details when I return from hols.

I'll be at the London meeting of EOCS (the Electronic Organ Constructors Society) next Saturday (27 April), which might provide a handover opportunity should we strike a deal. Otherwise I live Lewes.

Matthew

David Pinnegar

It's likely that I will be disposing of my five manual console with around 35 drawstops at some stage

Best wishes

David P