News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Musicom organ system

Started by FYG71, July 27, 2020, 02:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FYG71

I have a Norwich organ which dates from 1990 and uses the Musicom system.  The tone generation side of the organ has expired (not a problem as I want to use an external tone source) but the capture system remains intact and workable.  The organ is 2 manual and I would like to add a third manual with 8 stops (for which I have matching drawstops ready to go and compatible keyboards) My questions are:
1.  There appears to be space on the capture boards to accommodate the extra 8 stops, so should it be as simple as wiring them in?  The boards with Darlington transistors appear to have selector switches at the bottom to 'channel' the system.
2.  The Musicom system uses 8x8 matrix for scanning keys and pedals.  It is possible to add midi to the existing system easily or is it best to bypass with a stand-alone encoder?

Thanks in anticipation

FYG71

I have since learned that the system has to be programmed to accept the new stops and so it looks like the Musicom system might have to give way to some replacement midi driver boards.  A pity really seeing as at least the capture side is still working.

revtonynewnham

Hi

Have you spoken to Musicom?  Can they help - or perhaps an electronic organ repair person (a rare breed, but there are still some around)?

Every Blessing

Tony

FYG71

I emailed Musicom but got no response I'm afraid.