News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Touring Pipe Organ Concert

Started by Moretti Candotti, August 10, 2020, 11:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moretti Candotti

Recently the organist Paolo Oreni did a concert on his touring pipe organ called the Organo Wanderer which is available on Youtube.

I should however point out that I am posting mainly out of intrigue as I personally feel that the performance was all right but note great.
A lot of the problems with his performance I would attribute to the space the concert is being held in as I feel the room is a bit small for some of the music performed.

But even then I feel even the performance isn't perfect, as I find Paolo Oreni's playing can be a little too erratic at times and the sound of the organ can also be quite piercing.

But I feel that if this concert was held in a better venue it could greatly improve the performance as I find a previous concert Paolo Oreni did accompanying a silent sounded quite good, and I even find his virtuosity to be less in your face.     

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRglwU_4xQs

Concert program

00:00 – Concerto in D Major after Vivaldi BWV 972 – Johann Sebastian Bach
11:21 – Fantasy and Fugue on B-A-C-H – Franz Liszt
23:42 – Toccata and Fugue in D minor BWV 565 – Johann Sebastian Bach
35:20 – Allegro Vivace from Organ Symphony No. 5 in F minor – Charles Marie Widor
46:18 – Gabriel's Oboe – Ennio Morricone   
58:20 – Badinerie from Orchestral Suite No. 2 in B minor BWV 1067 – Johann Sebastian Bach