News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

N Ireland , pipe organ Ebay

Started by Holditch, October 08, 2010, 04:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holditch

Dubois is driving me mad! must practice practice practice

revtonynewnham

Hi

Why on earth didn't they design the new building with space for the organ?  Or is there something about the design/tonal finishing that he's not saying?  I note that no organ builder is credited.

Every Blessing
Tony

David Pinnegar

Hi!

I hope that people looking at this discussion board will take notice. It looks a very competant instrument.

Thanks for the heads-up on this one!

Best wishes

David P

NonPlayingAnorak

Quote from: revtonynewnham on October 08, 2010, 03:12:58 PM
Hi

Why on earth didn't they design the new building with space for the organ?  Or is there something about the design/tonal finishing that he's not saying?  I note that no organ builder is credited.

Every Blessing
Tony

It looks like a suspiciously huge spec for a 2m/p. I reckon it's probably been rebuilt from a 3m by Bodgit & Scarper...

David Pinnegar

Quote from: NonPlayingAnorak on October 10, 2010, 08:09:24 AM
Quote from: revtonynewnham on October 08, 2010, 03:12:58 PM
It looks like a suspiciously huge spec for a 2m/p. I reckon it's probably been rebuilt from a 3m by Bodgit & Scarper...

Hi!

No - it might simply be an extension "unit" organ with Principal used on the Great and Flute used on the Swell, and Trumpets accessible from both. Were it to have been cut down, there would be a Clarinet.

Solid state switching is a clue too . . .

Great clarion 4, trumpet 8, oboe 8, double trumpet 16, laringot 16 (sic) , mixture 3 rks, fifteenth 2, principal 4, dulciana 8, open diapason No. 2 8, open diapason No. 1 8, double open 16

Swell tremulant, clarion 4, oboe 8, trumpet 8, double trumpet 16, mixture 3 rks, larigot 1 1/2, flautina 2, twelth 2 1/2, lieblich flute 4, voix celeste 8, salcional 8, lieblich gedact 8, quintation 8, open diapason 8, contra salcional 16, bourdon 16

So it is explicable with the following ranks:
Trumpet
Oboe
Principal
Giegen Diapason
Stopped Diapason - Gedekt - whatever
Dulciana
Salicional and Celeste
Mixture

Quintaton might be one of the 8fts together with a 12th from the Dulciana

It might be a more traditional 2 manual recast in an extension form to give it greater versatility. As with a lot of things, a bad workman blames his tools, and a good player understanding this instrument will use this to his advantage and avoid things on it that don't work so well, whilst an inexperienced player will simply draw all the stops and expect it to do what it says on the tin . . .

It's clearly got a real 16ft Open Diapason, explains the height, and the pedal Viola is probably the Salicional carried down to 16ft. No mean little organ, it should make a versatile noise out of modest but realistic resources.

Best wishes

David P