News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

ORGAN STOPS - saving the King of Instruments

Started by David Pinnegar, April 12, 2021, 07:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

James Dawson has made a ground-breaking documentary -
https://vimeo.com/520060433
gives a taste.

Best wishes

David P

Alexg

Hello all, I am new to the forum and have been looking through previous discussions with interest.

When will the full version of "ORGAN STOPS - saving the king of instruments" be available?

Best wishes from London,

Alex

James Dawson

Hi Alex,

Thanks you for your interest. The film is showing at film festivals at the moment and then will be realised probably on a streaming website site for purchase - e.g. Amazon.

For the Autumn and Spring (hopefully once Covid is not a concern) we are trying to arrange screenings alongside organ recitals in various locations (churches/town halls etc)  - if you'd like to do that please let me know and we can arrange.  It's going to do a sort of country-wide Road-Show with key contributors coming along to the Q & A. 

Hammerwood would be a great location so I am talking to David about this possibility!

Best wishes
James

Alexg

Hi James,

thank you for the information. That all sounds very interesting and like a good idea.

I would certainly be interested in organising something similar in my church where we have a T C Lewis organ. Lewis lived in the vicarage at one point, married in the church, and had a workshop on the next street before moving to Brixton. Please email me if you would like to discuss this further arch1000@protonmail.com

Best wishes,

Alex