News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Another pipe organ threatened with biting the dust

Started by David Pinnegar, October 13, 2010, 10:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

Hi!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130442432712

A nice two manual pipe organ, probably another at the mercy of yet another residential conversion. Just why can't people build keeping their organ into their schemes?

Best wishes

David P

barniclecompton

Hmm, In some cases, it might be gd that the organ is being sold though, because whats to say in the new scheme of things, that it would be used?! If it is sold, then at least, even if its broken up (which i hate seeing) and used on another instrument, it still "lives" on in some form.
I remember visiting the H.E Prested factory in Durham a couple of years ago, finding the building FULL of complete organs, consoles, pedalboards, ranks of pipe work, chests all stacked up to the ceiling, and then going round the back, and finding the man who owned the building burning it all, bit by bit, and there was nothing i could do to save it all :(