News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Link to a church who rescued an organ mentioned indirectly elsewhere...

Started by KB7DQH, October 26, 2010, 12:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KB7DQH

http://www.tillerychurches.com/looking_to_the_future.html

This church is the recipient of a 4-manual Walker donated to them by an organization who had "no use" for it...

Their efforts prevented its destruction...

Currently installation is in progress, and soon it will be heard again.

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

NonPlayingAnorak

Really? Last I heard they'd discovered it wouldn't fit in the church at Abertillery, the whole project had stalled and the big Walker was languishing in a damp, draughty barn with little to no prospect of ever sounding again...

KB7DQH

Oh, dear me :o  The page I linked to above in light of the information you provided could be at best...
optimistic ???

This looks like a "boots on the ground" research project...

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

KB7DQH

makemoreandmore

Quote from: NonPlayingAnorak on October 29, 2010, 08:03:58 AM
Really? Last I heard they'd discovered it wouldn't fit in the church at Abertillery, the whole project had stalled and the big Walker was languishing in a damp, draughty barn with little to no prospect of ever sounding again...

I don't think they will like you referring to St Michael's as a damp, drafty barn  ;)

makemoreandmore

Just came across a selection of Christmas carols played on the Walker in its original home

http://youtu.be/9tid3DdMvN0