News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Inconspicuous speakers for acoustic support

Started by David Pinnegar, October 30, 2010, 02:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

Hi!

At the suggestion of an EOCS member I have been looking for ways to increase the number of speakers to provide greater simulation of acoustic reverberation. I've been looking at panel speakers inspired by units available 30 years ago which simply screwed into any wooden or plasterboard panel, but have not found any.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170558339878 look interesting. I'm thinking of putting them in long thin boxing almost looking like cable trunking . . . And giving them a spray of white paint!

Any other ideas for cabinet design?

Best wishes

David P

Holditch

Hi David

I have mentioned this range before, but worth a look

http://www.amina.co.uk/product_aiwx.html

The are not budget, but also not Quad money (however totally different technology)
Dubois is driving me mad! must practice practice practice

David Pinnegar

Hi!

Thanks! That is quite a revelation.

I had in mind this morning constructing low profile shallow boxes to take the rectangular units from which might emerge perhaps three 20mm plastic drainpipes of disparate lengths with perforations at random points to kill resonances . . . or one could literally use electrical trunking gently filled with insulation wool . . . ?

Any other ideas?

Best wishes

David P

David Pinnegar

Hi!

Thanks so much for the beneath plaster idea. It gave me another idea which I converted into a usable scheme and gave a trial run for the reverb today. The result turns out to be really excellent hi-fi speakers and an idea to install into a pipe organ without disturbing pipework for when a pipe organ is being mothballed and an electronic install in the interim. It's capable of installation without obtrusivity in the organ space and make any trashing of pipes totally avoidable and inexcusable.

Best wishes

David P