News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Greenwich Early Music festival next weekend 12th - 14th November

Started by dragonser, November 08, 2010, 10:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonser

Hi,
in case anyone is interested the Greenwich Early Music festival [ east London uk ] is taking place next weekend.
see http://www.earlymusicshop.com/More/Greenwich_International_Early_Music_Festival.aspx

there are usually lots of nice looking [ and nice sounding ] instruments there and also some nice music being played as well.

regards Peter B

revtonynewnham

Hi

Agreed.  I got to one a few years ago, before we moved up North.  Well worth a visit for anyone interested in any form of Early Music.  There's usually special offers as well.  One year I'll manage to arrange another visit - in the meantime I make do with an occasional browse round the Early Music Shop (who are one of the sponsers of the Greenwich event).

Every Blessing

Tony

David Pinnegar

Hi!

Yes - thanks so much for posting details of this. It is a MUST go to event. Harpsichords, chamber organs, harps, lutes, flutes . . . and a whole lot more. Most importantly, however, is the range of sheet music available which often includes significant organ repertoire.

The problem is navigating to find somewhere to park the car. Getting down into the town seems an impenetrable maze so twice now I've parked in the park and walked down. If you do that don't linger at the end of the day. Last year I nearly got shut in the park!

Best wishes

David P

KB7DQH

The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

organforumadmin

Hi Eric!

thanks for pointing that out - I have altered the heading appropriately

Best wishes

ForumAdmin

dragonser

Hi,
apologies if I put August instead of November !
and thanks for correcting the title of the thread.

regards Peter B