News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

disassembled Pipe Organ for sale in Wales

Started by dragonser, November 16, 2010, 01:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonser

Hi,
a Nicholson & Lord  Pipe Organ disassembled
ebay item  140478947562

if only I had the money, time, skill and space !

regards Peter B

NonPlayingAnorak

At least it's in safe hands at the moment... Gary Owens would never willingly scrap an organ.

David Pinnegar

Quote from: NonPlayingAnorak on November 16, 2010, 04:39:15 PM
At least it's in safe hands at the moment... Gary Owens would never willingly scrap an organ.

Hi!

Might you invite GO to join the forum and make announcements about organs he's rescued, give the specs, size and possible feasibility of rebuilding elsewhere? This is a place where, in order to promote enthusiasm, organ professionals can unashamedly promote what they do, provided they are enthusiastic about it!

That goes for players as well as builders. . . There's no room for grey-man-minded-self-retiring-reticence in the world of enthusiastically promoting the King of Instruments, shortly otherwise to be entombed in rubbish skips and subterranean landfill . . .

If ForumAdmin wants to move this post to the general category, I won't object . . .

Best wishes

David P

NonPlayingAnorak

Quote from: David Pinnegar on November 16, 2010, 06:31:01 PM
Quote from: NonPlayingAnorak on November 16, 2010, 04:39:15 PM

Hi!

Might you invite GO to join the forum and make announcements about organs he's rescued, give the specs, size and possible feasibility of rebuilding elsewhere? This is a place where, in order to promote enthusiasm, organ professionals can unashamedly promote what they do, provided they are enthusiastic about it!

That goes for players as well as builders. . . There's no room for grey-man-minded-self-retiring-reticence in the world of enthusiastically promoting the King of Instruments, shortly otherwise to be entombed in rubbish skips and subterranean landfill . . .

If ForumAdmin wants to move this post to the general category, I won't object . . .

Best wishes

David P

Yeah, yeah, David, we all know that "organforumadmin" is you =)

I don't know Gary Owens, I don't think I've ever even spoken to him, I just know him by reputation. Might bung him an email, though. Look up "GO Organs" - that's him. Very capable, by all accounts. Ex-David Wells employee. Did a superb job at Giggleswick with the Willis/Walker there a few years ago.

KB7DQH

Barrie might move it ;)

(I was originally thinking of the post, but one never knows-- he might have a go at the organ :o ;D ;D ;)

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

NonPlayingAnorak

Quote from: KB7DQH on November 17, 2010, 02:58:07 AM
Barrie might move it ;)

(I was originally thinking of the post, but one never knows-- he might have a go at the organ :o ;D ;D ;)

Eric
KB7DQH

Who's Barrie?

KB7DQH

The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."