News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

NPOR corrections

Started by NonPlayingAnorak, November 17, 2010, 02:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NonPlayingAnorak

Thought I'd start this thread as an easy way for Tony et al to keep abreast of errors on the NPOR. Here's one to start with:

http://www.npor.org.uk/cgi-bin/Rsearch.cgi?Fn=Rsearch&rec_index=E01221

It says "some pipework from Aisncough organ formerly in Lea Methodist
Church, Ashton on Ribble used here; see N10667", but N10667 is something else entirely. The organ in question is actually N10867...

Furthermore, the organbuilder in question was Henry Ainscough, not Aisncough... by coincidence, my grandfather (father of my mother, Julie Ainscough, the well-known organ teacher) is also called Henry Ainscough - yes, we are relatives of Ainscough the organbuilders. Also, my father's maternal grandmother had a first cousin who became quite well-known... his name was Herbert Howells.

If anyone else spots such an error, please post it here!

KB7DQH

;DPicky, picky, picky ;)   Speaking of databases... There's a glaring error in the OHS database, with reference to the church where I attended in my misspent youth, and my father directed choir...

They list a Moller organ which hasn't been there in over 20 years... They now use a toaster for their
"traditional" service and "karaoke" accompanied by one of those blasted electronic keyboards and a quartet for the rest... :( :'(   What's even more disappointing is this is a "Lutheran" church!

The Pastor  when my family first began attending services there, one Richard Edmonds, is still active in the local area and his current church has a tracker-action instrument built by Robert Pasi 8)

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

revtonynewnham

Hi

Although this might seem like a good idea, may I ask please that any NPOR updates are sent by e-mail to the NPOR office at manager@npor.bcu.ac.uk

The reason for this is twofold - firstly, so that updates are logged and dealt with in turn - and so that there is a file copy of any updates; and secondly, we are concentrating on trying to reduce the 6 month or so backlog of e-mail updates, and anything else gets low priority (including a project that I want to do to get UK cinema organs fully listed).  Also, we'd rather not have our mistakes pointed out publicly!!!

Since the error noted by NonPlayingAnorak is a simple typo (and down to my dyslexic computer - at least, that's my excuse)  I have corrected it - but other updates can take longer to sort out and check!

Every Blessing

Tony

NonPlayingAnorak

Oh, indeed. This is sort of a backup - might make it easier for me to gather NPOR errors and send you one email with loads of 'em =)