News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

That Seismastatronic Beast of a Makin at Hammerwood House

Started by KB7DQH, April 07, 2010, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KB7DQH

Believe it or not,  that thing inspired me to completely rethink how I reproduce sound in my house!

I now have hacked four holes into an otherwise serviceable door, added plywood to reinforce, (hollow core construction :o   and four subwoofers I rebuilt by hand  which  anyone else would have pitched into the bin!   

Its a good thing the power amplifier that runs all that has overcurrent protection as it shuts down before the speakers bottom out if I run the gains up.  Likely this has saved the speakers from certain  destruction.   Moreover this functions as a hearing protection device as the one-meter SPL approaches the limits of my metering equipment 8) 

The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."