News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Hawsker Organ Project

Started by wjoefox, November 18, 2010, 10:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wjoefox

Hi all,

I posted something about the Hawsker Organ Project a while back, but now I am wondering if anyone would like to sponsor a pipe for the organ that has been Bairstow's, Best's, and Smart's practice organ. If you would like to learn more, the link is here: http://hawsker-church.co.nr/ .
This instrument has formed the Hawsker Organ Project, which is an initiative which aims to bring a pipe organ to a village which has never seen one. We aim to have community events, and educational sessions with the Church school.
Please help!

Many thanks,
WF

revtonynewnham

Hi

Do you know what type of Harmonium they have?  If it's really a Harmonium, and not an American organ, it might just need an overhaul.  It's surprising how load a well-maintained Mustel or Debain harmonium can go!

OTOH, I can appreciate why they want a pipe organ, so good luck to them!

NonPlayingAnorak

Not that this is strictly relevant, but a church where my mother was organist a few years ago had not only a magnificent Willis, 39 stops but powerful enough that you'd think it bigger (and it was at least double what the church needed, but they'd got it secondhand in the 70s), but also an American reed organ by a maker named Estey. It was a personal possession of the vicar, but he retired a couple of years ago after 25 years in the job (and having gone well past 65, and even sneaked past 70, after 45 years of priestly ministry), so I don't know if it's still there. Made a nice sound, but it was utterly knackered.

wjoefox

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that a donation of £5000 has allowed the organ to go straight in. Hooray!

WF

NonPlayingAnorak