News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Scrap grand piano soundboard wanted

Started by David Pinnegar, December 04, 2010, 04:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

Hi!

Sorry - not quite organ related . . . If anyone is scrapping a grand piano, I'm looking for a soundboard to play with for some acoustic experiments.

Many thanks

Best wishes

David P
01342 850594

revtonynewnham

Hi David

I would try your local piano restorers.  There's not much point in me asking round here, as transport would be a problem.

Every Blessing

Tony

KB7DQH

Other than maneuverability in city streets (or the fuel expense) the "mog" should have no trouble dealing with a Grand Piano soundboard, or the whole instrument for that matter ;D

I could eventually make use of the keydesk for a future project..........a mechanical-action voicing table ;) ;D

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

NonPlayingAnorak

Quote from: David Pinnegar on December 04, 2010, 04:36:25 AM
Hi!

Sorry - not quite organ related . . . If anyone is scrapping a grand piano, I'm looking for a soundboard to play with for some acoustic experiments.

Many thanks

Best wishes

David P
01342 850594

Try Ewell Parish Church, where my mother used to be organist. She got them a nice Broadwood grand, but they still have a truly ghastly Steck baby grand which is long overdue for scrapping... otherwise try eBay.