News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Guests!!! Please join and make comment!

Started by organforumadmin, April 07, 2010, 08:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

organforumadmin

Hi!

Whenever I pop in to the forum to see what's going on, increasingly I see guests logged on at the same time . . . WELCOME!

But why not sign up and join in?

I hope that by focussing on the specific topics of this forum we might be able to concentrate on those very elements of the organ as an instrument that make it the exciting King of Instruments that it is so that more of the general public (how I hate that phrase) - specifically parents and children and schools and nightclub goers - can't turn their back on this wonderful instrument which will otherwise be lost. Similarly, a forum such as this is a wonderful opportunity for interchange of knowledge - among ourselves of common experience or for experts with great resources of experience behind them and young people asking questions - essentially a place for the transfer of knowledge which can die with passing years if not passed on . . .

So PLEASE JOIN IN!

Best wishes

Forum Admin

KB7DQH

Well... Saw your invite "elsewhere on the web"... OK, all right, I confess... the Hauptwerk forum...
So I did as instructed prior to receiving instruction ;D ;D and here I am.

I am not sure how many other forums like this one exist but if you have gone to the trouble to start this one, I am guessing you were looking to build "something completely different" 8) (usually followed by Liberty Bell March  on a long-discontinued British TV comedy show ;D ;D

I have not joined the Hauptwerk forum mainly because of its narrow focus.  Commenting on Youtube videos is a bit clunky at best especially on a slow internet connection suitable only for text exchanges... with a newer old computer...  although I can venture forth with the "wireless apparatus" equipped notebook and enjoy a high-speed connection from time to time.

Be patient my friend, in time the virility that is the internet will likely catch on and things may get completely out of hand...  but that's why we are here, isn't it?

Eric

The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

hector17

Very pleased to join up and await interesting posts.  I'm constantly on the lookout for redundant organs (pipe and electronic).  I am trying to keep a list on my personal website and have recently successfully re-homed two instruments to France (James Davis - in a horrible condition) and a 1904 Browne.  If anyone wants an organ publicised, please let me have details (spec the lot) and I'll turn it into a PDF and put it on my site.  I'm including electronics as well, simply as there are people prepared to give them away to a good home - and in my case, they could be impoverished organ pupils, or churches looking for temporary instruments.  I'm also interested in obtaining secondhand music as well - for personal and student use.  PM me privately if you are able to assist on any of the items in this post.

Hector