News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Google trends

Started by barniclecompton, December 29, 2010, 11:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barniclecompton

http://www.google.com/trends?q=pipe+organ&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all

I thought this was rather insteresting, it shows just how quickly the interest in pipe organs is dropping!

KB7DQH

Possibly...  What I find fascinating by the analysis are the number of searches originating from Tucson,
Arizona...  Probably due to the high volume of older Americans living in that area... and the remote possibility that because of this older generation moving into that region may be in need of instruments for their churches ???

Otherwise the search volume graph looks remarkably close to the "smoothed sunspot number" covering that same period...

Many of the articles in the "news" column appear scattered about this forum ;D (Can't understand why) ;D ;D ;D

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

KB7DQH

Try sticking "digital organ" or "electronic" or "virtual"... into that same search box... Not much to look at... ;)

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

dragonser

Hi,
one point [ a good one ] that was made on one of the music lists I am on about this is that Google have only scanned in books which are out of copyright so this does distort the trends ....
and how long books are out of copyright varies with different countries as well.

regards Peter B

David Pinnegar

Quote from: barniclecompton on December 29, 2010, 11:54:28 PM
http://www.google.com/trends?q=pipe+organ&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all

I thought this was rather insteresting, it shows just how quickly the interest in pipe organs is dropping!

Hi!

Thanks for posting this. This is why I really hope that all members of this forum might possibly make a bigger noise about organs both on this forum and elsewhere and why if guests haven't joined yet, perhaps you might join! Will we get our 100th member by New Year?

Seriously, however, there are a number of people in the organ world who are being as enthusiastically noisy as a church mouse - and we really do need to be demonstrating why the King of Instruments is inescapably SUPREME!

Best wishes

David P