News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

looking for pipes organ for my church in Brittany (France)

Started by ydrezet, January 17, 2011, 03:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ydrezet

Bonjour
j'ai découvert votre site et je me permets de poser une question. Je cherche un orgue (pas trop grand) pour placer dans l'église de mon petit village (370 h) qui n'a pas d'instrument. J'ai cru comprendre que beaucoup d'orgues sont délaissées en UK et je voulais savoir si quelqu'un en connaissait quelques uns de disponibles et surtout pas trop chers car nous n'avons quasiment aucun moyen financier (quelques milliers d'euros maximum)
cordialement

I discovered your site and I allow to ask a question. I look for an organ (not too big) to place in the church of my small village (370 h) in Brittany (France) which has no instrument. I believed to understand that many organs are abandoned in UK and I wanted to know if somebody knew some some of available and especially not too expensive because we have almost no financial mean (some thousand euro maximum)
thnak a lot for your responce !
Best wishes
Yann Drezet

NonPlayingAnorak

www.ebay.co.uk is always worth a look. The Institute of British Organbuilders' website also keeps a list of redundant organs, sorted according to number of manuals.

revtonynewnham

Hi

Or many UK organ builders will either have, or know the whereabouts, of redundant organs and/or pipework.  There's one near here - a 3m Bishop/Conacher/Andrews - but it's in a poor state and probably well beyond your budget.  the ideal would probably be to take it back either to its Bishop or Conacher state (if they can be established).  Diocesan organ advisers might be another source of info.

Every Blessing

Tony

ydrezet

Hello
thank a lot for your responses ! I am going to observe the various possibilities that you presented me !
Best Wishes

Jonathan Lane

Dear Yann,

We are being offered organs all the time and if the right instrument becomes available we may be able to supply it to you.  Could you give me more idea of what size you need, specification, etc.  Our wbesite is at http://www.organ-builder.co.uk/

Best wishes,

Jonathan