News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

This one's FREE

Started by KB7DQH, April 10, 2010, 02:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KB7DQH

8)http://events.plu.edu/show-event.php?event_id=1040164 8)

Mary Baker Russel Music Center, Lagerquist Concert Hall

Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma Washington, USA

Following is a link to more information about this organ, along with reviews of a record made of this instrument:

http://www.gothic-catalog.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=LRCD%2D1025&Show=TechSpecs

//

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

KB7DQH

Pity, really, as the organist was first-rate 8) 8) 8)  playing on a first-rate instrument 8) 8) 8) in a most marvelous adjustable-acoustic hall, set up without dampening, for the longest "reverb" possible! 8) 8) 8)

An experience I will not soon forget. 

The Program:

Toccata in D minor, BuxWV 155   Buxtehude

Fantasia Crommatica a' 4   Jan Pieterszoon Sweenlinck

Pie'ce d'Orgue, BWV 572       J. S.  Bach
      Tre`s vitement
      Gravement
      Lentement

Celebration of God in Nature        Robert Ward
           The Glorious Sun

From Six Studies in Canonic Form, Op.56    Robert Schumann
          II. Mit innigem Ausdruck (With heartfelt expression)
          III. Andantino-Etwas schneller (a little faster)-Tempo I

Fantasy on the chorale
Halleluja! Gott zu loben bleibe meine Seelenfreud, Op. 52, no.3        Max Reger
(Hallelujah! To praise God will forever be my soul's joy)

Light refreshment was available in the lobby afterward, giving an opportunity to chat briefly with
the organist, and the organ tuner!  Even met the recital series patron,  Richard D. Moe...

The organ tuner from  the Fritts Organ co. (name escapes me :-[  did attend the concert and I had an opportunity to talk with him briefly after the concert about the instrument, in particular the Kellner temperament and any limitations on the repetoire it imposes.  With the exception of some music by C`esar Franck,  he claims "you can play most anything" on it...

He also mentioned he tuned ALL the reeds  the day before the concert 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."