News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Where are all the UK concerts?

Started by organforumadmin, April 11, 2010, 12:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

organforumadmin

Hi!

Lots of things are apparently going on in the US. Why not in England? www.organrecitals.com is brilliant but here in this space is an opportunity for player and audience _enthusiasts_ to post details of concerts most importantly with the reasons why they love the programme and why they love the instrument at the chosen venue enough to want a concert there.

Is there no-one in England, Scotland and Wales with enthusiasm?

Best wishes

Forum Admin

KB7DQH

Really good question.  Having found from various sources information about public concerts being given on instruments I had mentioned, I figured it would be prudent to bring these to the attention of
our forum members and guests.

In particular a concert next Sunday at Pacific Lutheran University featuring this organ      http://www.gothic-catalog.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=LRCD%2D1025&Show=TechSpecs

which I plan to attend.

I hope you have had a chance to read all of the reviews in the above link, one would understand why I wish to attend... Especially the review from  Magazine Orgue...  I need only burn off a quarter-tank of petrol... (much less expense than flying halfway round the world 8)  pay the $15.00 admission and "hear and see it in person" 8)   Having just heard a radio broadcast of it... only one piece (Bach Fugue in B minor) I want to hear more, more, more ;) ;) ;)

Eric
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."