News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Organ Books for Sale

Started by hector17, February 24, 2011, 03:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hector17

I hope our hosts will excuse me for this rather blatant bit of publicity.  I have been frustrated by the lack of shops selling books on organs, especially second-hand books.  To this end, I have been building up a modest stock of interesting books and periodicals which will appear for sale on my website very soon.  I am currently fighting with e-commerce settings and photos and, once complete you should be able to order direct from the website or via Paypal.  There will be a wide variety, including back copies of periodicals (The Organ, The American Organist, ISO Journal etc) as well as a wealth of other interesting material (including French inventaires - some new and unread).

Please PM me if you would like to be notified when the list has been published together with website details.

Paul

P.S.  If anyone would like to offload any material please PM me

David Pinnegar

Quote from: hector17 on February 24, 2011, 03:51:14 AM
I hope our hosts will excuse me for this rather blatant bit of publicity.

Dear Paul

Enthusiasm for the organ _needs_ people who will engage in "blatant" publicity and I'm sure that our hosts will not only welcome it but encourage you to do more!

Please put me down on your list of interested people for a start.

Best wishes

David P

Barrie Davis

Hi Paul

Please add me to your list.

I have a lot of copies of O.R. and would be pleased to dispose of the copies I no longer need to keep.

Best wishes

Barrie

revtonynewnham

Hi Hector

add me to the list - although cash flow means that it will likely be some while before I can order anything - I'm trying to complete my collection of "the Organ" (and have some back numbers for disposal on behalf of the Bradford Organists' association if you're interested in buying them).

Every Blessing

Tony

hector17

Just to let you all know, the first set of books are now up on my website.  I have yet to trawl through the copies of the organ, American Organist, Organists Review, ISO Journal etc and will try and put them up on my website as soon as possible.

To order - just click on the link and send me an email, and I'll send a paypal invoice inclusive of postage.

Paul

David Pinnegar

Dear Paul

Please can you let us know what your website address is?

Many thanks

David P

hector17

Thank you all for the interest.  I have managed to refine the purchasing process and I have revised the website so that you can buy direct by simply pushing a button. All very natty really!

Much more to go on when I get the time.......

The web address is http://www.paulisom.com - and just click on second-hand books etc.

Best wishes,

Paul

organforumadmin

Dear Paul

WOW! What a resource and opportunity and hope that this helps to disseminate knowledge of the organ world . . .

I have a sneaky suspicion that I've seen that particular King of Instruments photographed on your website  ;)  . . . How many contenders are there in France for the title of King of them all . . .?

The story goes that that one was saved when Napoleon's troops stormed the Basilica intending to destroy everything, particularly the organ, by the organist striking up the Marseillaise on the battery of the dozen or so Trumpet ranks on the instrument . . . .

Best wishes

Forum Admin

David Pinnegar

Dear Paul

I hope that somewhere you might find that book on French organs . . . .

What you have there is a fascinating and mouth watering list. From personal experience I can recommend particularly to member the books by Laurence Elvin - a very knowledgable and engaging writer.

Best wishes

David P

revtonynewnham

Hi

Looks very interesting.  It might be worth adding which edition you have for books like Sumner that ran through several.  If they're still there later in the year, I've spotted a couple of books that I don't have.

Every Blessing

Tony

hector17

Thanks for all the positive responses.  I have been burning the midnight oil and put many more items on, although the large runs of periodicals pose somewhat of a problem due to their sheer number, but I'll get there in the end, although the recent addition of twin boys to the family has curtailed my time a little.  Recent additions are some really interesting booklets on organs from near and far, some sets of specification leaflets and addition to the books.

Paul

P.S.  David - your French book will surface, although having moved house, things are surfacing a little slower than I'd like!!!

hector17

Greetings all - there has been a new clutch of books added to the website today, a number of them look brand new!  Some fascinating items, including the illusive Clutton & Dixon tome, and yes David, I have finally found the inventaires at long last.  Needless to say, there is buy now facility for all interested parties.  The response has been terrific, so be quick and snap up some hard to find books!

Best wishes,

Hector

http://www.paulisom.com/second-hand-organ-books-music-and-cds.html