News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

A relevant discussion on another forum...

Started by KB7DQH, March 01, 2011, 03:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KB7DQH

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=50267

It goes into four pages and half of the electronic geeks are trying to figure out how to accomplish what the pipe organ builder is trying to do electronically, but with real pipework... go figure.

Long Live the King ;D ;D ;D

As the forum administrator has personal experience in the "sub-octave" sampling extension method
I have not signed up for this forum to enter into the discussion... ??? ::) :P :-X :-\ :o ;D ;D ;)

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

David Pinnegar

Hi!

It's an interesting project to add an electronic 32 to a pipe organ . . . which seems to be a popular theme nowadays. . .

I've invited him to join this forum to discuss matters in the riight place . . .  ;) as many members will have experience of the success of this . . .

For some time I have wanted to try the (cheap) technique that I use to creat Grand Tierce and 64fts on my concert instrument . . . on a pipe organ. It's possible, economic and very doable. . .

Best wishes

David P

revtonynewnham

Hi

Hopefully he will take a look here - otherwise he's likely to spend a lot of time and money re-inventing the wheel!  Even a few minutes web browsing should have given him some realistic ideas.

Every Blessing

Tony

KB7DQH

Search Youtube for Theremin137... for "The Secret of our 32' Contra Trombone"...  He demonstrates a working example of what is currently being discussed... and using the octave coupler of the organ
to sound relevant pipework and compare directly the difference between the pipe and electronic
"extensions"...  I believe if one brings up the most viewed of David's youtube posts one will find
the video in question over in the "suggestions" column...

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."