News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

New members - it would be great to introduce yourselves here

Started by organforumadmin, March 09, 2011, 01:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobsound

I am a new member here but I am already known to some of you since I am the editor of Electronic Organ Magazine; the journal of the EOCS. I feel like something of an interloper since I am more of an electronics enthusiast than an organist although organs have interested me since the 70s. I was a professional audio engineer and am now retired.

revtonynewnham

David Pinnegar

Very much WELCOME! Not an interloper at all. This forum's about all organs and importantly many modern organs share keyboard and stop control techniques common both to pipes and electronic sound generation. So pipe people can hardly avoid electronics and electronic people often have a deep love for pipes.

For me the electronic provides a degree of sound laboratory facility that can be helpful to design and understanding of the tonality of pipe instruments and their registration.

Best wishes

David P

JBR

"For me the electronic provides a degree of sound laboratory facility that can be helpful to design and understanding of the tonality of pipe instruments and their registration."

Yes, I think what I'd find particularly interesting about an electronic organ (of the right type) is the facility for setting different temperaments which, of course, one cannot do with a pipe organ.

Unfortunately, I can't afford one!  :'(
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

David Pinnegar

That's actually what I used to do with visiting performers encouraging people to try things out - some of my recordings quoted on http://temper.braybaroque.ie/recordings.html

Best wishes

David P

Piperdane

New member here from Arizona (US).

I've been a church organist for the past 55+ years and have played a variety of instruments both pipe and electronic/digital installed in the various parishes that I have had the pleasure of serving. 

Currently playing in a very large (for this region) Lutheran parish that has about 1200 members.  It has an AOB electronic (analog technology built in 1989) that does quite well for what it is. 

In my spare time I am an administrator for two music discussion forums based in Denmark.

revtonynewnham

Welcome Piperdane

Look forward to hearing from you on the forum.

Every Blessing

Tony (one of the moderators)

David Pinnegar

Hi Piperdane!

WELCOME!

Please feel free to give links to your Danish forums - all things musical are welcome here.

Best wishes

David P

daviddvse

I'm not sure how to do a "clean" post, so here's a reply to one. Hi, I'm David, an experienced organist based in West Yorkshire who likes to be without portfolio so that I can guest around. All this NHS concerning the King of Instruments interest me.
David.

daviddvse

Sorry, autocorrect got me! "This NHS" should have been "things".