News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Humidifiers

Started by Barrie Davis, March 18, 2011, 01:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrie Davis

Does anyone know if a valve or valves have to be fitted to each soundboard where a humidifier is installed? The organ I play has such a unit which only feeds the main wind supply into the organ, the organ builder who looks after it is of the opinion that there should be valves on each sound board. Can anyone help?
The organ tuners say if these had been fitted we would not have the runnings there are now after the organs recent exposure to high heat for 3 days.

Barrie

revtonynewnham

Hi Barrie

There was a pretty detailed article on humidifiers in "Organ Building" a few years back - worth a read if you can get hold of it.

Every Blessing

Tony

Barrie Davis

Hi Tony

Have you a copy any where or suggest where I can download it? The whole thing is a mystery to me.
The present unti was intalled by Duplex who looked after it for a couple of years and we havent heard off them since, it replaced an earlier W&W unit but there are no valves on any of the soundboards.

Best wishes

Barrie

revtonynewnham

Hi Barrie

I'll try and look it out in the next couple of days - send me an e-mail as a reminder if you don't hear!  I can't look today - too busy sorting out for the BOA event this afternoon.  AFAIK, Organbuilding isn't available for download - it's published by the IBO.

Every Blessing
Tony