News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Small 1m + P or 2m + P wanted

Started by wjoefox, April 16, 2010, 11:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wjoefox

Hello!
My church on Yorksire, are looking for a pipe organ to replace a harmonium.
Does anyone know of a redundant organ to fit this space: height: 20', depth: 6', length: 8'?
At the moment, we don't mind about its specification.

Thank you.

revtonynewnham

Hi

Take a look at the IBO web site - there's a list of redundant organs there.  Also, organ builders often have, or know the whereabouts, of redundant organs.

every Blessing

Tony

organforumadmin

Quote from: wjoefox on April 16, 2010, 11:04:47 PM
Hello!
My church on Yorksire, are looking for a pipe organ to replace a harmonium.
Does anyone know of a redundant organ to fit this space: height: 20', depth: 6', length: 8'?
At the moment, we don't mind about its specification.

Thank you.

Hi!

Brilliant! It's nice to have such a height available. Any idea what budget might be in sight?

Last year on the St Maximin organ course we went to Bouc Bel Air in France near Aix to see a new organ - http://www.boucbelair.com/boucbelair.php?rub=173&prt=35 and
http://www.orgueboucbelair.com/
and imaginatively placed in a corner with the blower and wind reservoirs in another room behind. The instrument was very interesting with a system of allocating stops to either manual. I did some video of Philippe Bardon playing it but he didn't like it on YouTube. I might have some of Peter here on this forum playing it and if so if he doesn't mind I might put it on.

This was an imaginative project, as is the Dom Bedos organ in Italy, which attracted grants and funding on the basis of bringing culture and community together and this can be very good for the economics of an area. Certainly on account of the organ festival in Rieti ALL the hotels were booked to capacity, of course to be dumbfounded on account of the volcanic prevention of anyone getting to Rome airport.

So whilst such outrageous suggestions might seem absurd, perhaps it might fire imaginations in your parish . . . ?

Of course the ability to rescue an old instrument is wonderful, but sometimes apparently extraordinary things can come together.

Best wishes

Forum Admin