News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Looking for a 3 or 2 manual Organ

Started by mikewales, April 21, 2011, 09:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikewales

Hi there,

Does anyone have or know of a second hand 3 or 2 manual & pedal digital organ for sale in the UK. Near Wales would be even better!

Many thanks Mike

Barrie Davis

Hi

Look at the website of Anthony Bogdan he usually has some for sale.

Best wishes and welcome to the forum,

Barrie

David Pinnegar

Hi!

Not digital but analogue electronics are starting to get admirers again . . .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220770406714

Best wishes

David P

David Pinnegar

Dear Mike

Yes - Anthony is often very helpful.

Best wishes

David P

mikewales

Many thanks for the suggestions. I do look at Anthony's website most days, but I think everything is sold on there at the moment.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Mike

David Pinnegar

Dear Mike

Why not go for the analogue? If you take the right signals out from the right places and put them through different speakers, they can be remarkably good, especially for merely home practice.

Best wishes

David P

twanguitar

Keep an eye on that particular ebay seller.  Although the organ David mentioned is analogue, they are usually digital from that seller, and usually old Viscounts.  It's interesting that the seller's ID is 'jeremy5107' and his location is in Oxfordshire.  I wonder if he is Jeremy Meager, MD of Viscount, who are located in nearby Bicester?

As for whether old analogues are good or not, they seem to be snapped up as readily as digitals.  Every time an old Johannus opus 230 appears it sells for GBP several hundred.  These are readily repairable, unlike some if not most digitals.  They used the Texas TMS 3617 tone generator/keyer IC which was pretty reliable, but they can still be obtained if you ever needed the odd one.

TG

mikewales

Many thanks for the replies & advice.

It needs to be a digital organ as I want to connect it - eventually (when I can afford it) to the Hauptwerk system.

I will keep an eye on Ebay!

Thanks
Mike

revtonynewnham

Hi

Unless you need to control the analogue voices over MIDI, it's simple enough to fit (or get someone to fit) a MIDI interface - the parts are readily available and are sometimes even used on pipe organs.  If you don't want to go the commercial route, join EOCS and take a look at what's available.

Every Blessing

Tony

mikewales

Hi Tony

Many thanks for the information, I will check out the website.

I keep an eye on Ebay and various other websites for something suitable most days - one day....!
Mike

carrieg12

I am trying to find someone who would like to re home a lovely organ it is in excellent condition. It is in the Langney (eastbourne) area, and must be gone by tomorrow as the house is sold. Very sad but must be re homed Please help??

willpipe

Hi Mike

I live in Glasgow and have recently purchased a used Allen from Soundtec Classical Organs based  in Irvine 30 miles south of Glasgow, the guy is very helpful and when I visited he had at least 10 used classicals for sale incl 3 manuals . They deliver all over and when I was visiting they had 2 organs going to Birmingham and Chester. They can be contacted on 01294 273260 or soundtecorgans@aol.com. I was very impressed and pleased with the instrument and price.

Worth a try

William

mikewales

Hi William

Many thanks for the tip. I will give them a call.

Regards
Mike

diapason

mikewales

Hi all,

Many thanks for all your help and advice. I have now managed to buy an organ for home.

I was lucky enough to find a second hand Johannus Opus 30, 3 manual and pedals. So for the first time in over 10 years I can now play the organ whenever I want.  ;D

Mike

revtonynewnham

Hope you enjoy playing it.

Every Blessing

Tony