News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Half an organ on eBay

Started by Janner, April 28, 2011, 11:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janner

Just found this on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Old-Church-Organ-Music-Vintage-Antique-Cheap-Clear-/120706463367?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Keyboard_RL&hash=item1c1aaa7687

Sadly not much left except perhaps the keyboards, some woodwork, and a few pipes. It's listed as "New," "Antique" and "Cheap to clear" with an asking price of £5,000.

It all seems rather strange, given the accompanying pictures. They do admit, further down, that "There are a few bits missing/broken!"

According to the listing, there have been two offers!

Holditch

Looks like it is missing most of the pipes

Some obvious bounty hunter thinks that its worth £ 5k, I highly doubt it. It was previously on at £ 50k !

Best Regards
Marc
Dubois is driving me mad! must practice practice practice

contrabordun

And it's listed as in "New" condition!

Colin Pykett

The previous time this appeared on ebay it was for £50,000 as mentioned above.  But I took the hump about it being advertised as "new" so complained to ebay.  Absolutely nothing happened.  I've noticed before that, if you report a big seller for what are obvious transgressions of ebay's rules, they don't bother.  But they will come down on small sellers like a ton of bricks (that's happened to me!).

Colin Pykett

John

Someone is having a laugh - £5K for that!!   The owner is chancing his arm i think.  Scrap value £50 max.
I wonder what the 2 bids are.

...............John

Jonathan Lane

We rarely pay more than £100 for an organ, and have often paid nothing, they are just glad to get rid of it by that point!!

Jonathan