News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Matthew Copley gives a talk to the Surrey Organists Association

Started by Organ Design, June 11, 2011, 12:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Organ Design

Matthew Copley, Organ Design, is giving a talk to the Surrey Organists Association at Kingston Parish Church on Monday 13th June at 7pm. Topics will include organ voicing - reeds - flues - speaking pressures - inter-departmental design. All are welcome

dragonser

Hi,
this seems most interesting.
a link to the Surrey Organists association is
<http://www.surreyorganistsassociation.org/events.html>

regards Peter B

Holditch

It would be great if someone could video this. Surrey is a little far for me on a Monday evening! :-[

Cheers
Marc
Dubois is driving me mad! must practice practice practice

David Pinnegar

Quote from: matthew copley on June 11, 2011, 12:14:50 PM
Matthew Copley, Organ Design, is giving a talk to the Surrey Organists Association at Kingston Parish Church on Monday 13th June at 7pm. Topics will include organ voicing - reeds - flues - speaking pressures - inter-departmental design. All are welcome

Hi!

This should be well worth going to this evening.

http://www.surreyorganistsassociation.org/events.html

Best wishes

David P

dragonser

Hi,
firstly many thanks to Matthew Copely for giving a very interesting talk, and also to Surrey organists Association for letting some visitors attend.
Also this is the first Pipe organ I have seen with Perspex Swell Shutters !

regards Peter B

Barry Williams

I did not realise that the lecture by Matthew Copley was open to the public.  It seemed, from the Organists' Association Website that it was for members only.  It must have been a fascinating evening and quite different from those awful organ crawls.  Next time June and I will be there!

Barry Williams

David Pinnegar

Quote from: Barry Williams on June 17, 2011, 12:21:55 PMquite different from those awful organ crawls. 

;) :) :o ::) :D ;D 8) Dear Barry

I think we'll have the Organists' Association onto us and VC reporting your post to moderators!!!

The Association was actually very hospitable and allowed me to intrude with camera from which I hope to provide some video snapshots when time allows.

An organ crawl that I desperately want to attend is a visit to the Mander organ at Cranleigh School which I understand is under threat from conversion from a Good unequal Temperament to Equal Temperament. It would be great if those responsible for this might be able to contribute observations and explanation to this forum - perhaps anyone who knows any of those involved to join the forum and contribute.

Best wishes

David P

David Pinnegar