News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

When Christian organisations are not run by Christian spirited people

Started by David Pinnegar, April 24, 2010, 01:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

Hi!

A friend on this forum rang me up the other day asking about how our Godson had fared at a Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal with regard to his former school on the south coast of England which blazens the labels of Christianity from its rooftops. When he was diagnosed with epilepsy, the school made life difficult for him and another school found a place for him at a very difficult time.

At the Disability Tribunal Barrister and Labour Party Parliamentary Candidate John McKendrick http://www.johnmckendrick.com/ argued to the last that our Godson's epilepsy was not a disability. Our Godson had on one occasion fallen off his bicycle only to regain consciousness to find that a passing motorist had stopped to see whether he was OK.

The Tribunal found for our Godson that the school had discriminated against him.

It's so sad that a so called Christian School and its legal advisors and representatives don't heed the Christian texts including Mark chapter 9 in which the symptoms of epilepsy are clearly  documented as a disability.

Just because a so called Christian organisation doesn't abide by the practices and teachings of the religion it is said to follow does not rubbish the religion nor be sufficient cause for atheists to excuse themselves from investigation of its teachings . . .

Best wishes

David P

revtonynewnham

Hi

I'd intended to comment on this earlier - but thought I'd better wait - I've had problems with Christians not following Christ's teachings - and I'm pretty sure that some of my health problems were made worse by the stress caused by such a person.  The fact is that Christians aren't perfect - and are subject to the same pressures as everyone else - and things sadly do go wrong.  So much of life today is about meeting targets (education being a prime example - and the results are only too clearly seen in the stress-related problems that many teachers suffer.  I'm afraid I can't give any easy answers - maybe society as a whole needs to change - perhaps it's time for a revival of the Christian faith - but that one is in God's hands.

Every Blessing

Tony