News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

2 electronic organs by EOCS member for disposal - use as consoles or instruments

Started by revtonynewnham, July 05, 2011, 08:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revtonynewnham

Hi
EOCS member Arthur Peel of Keighley, West Yorkshire has recently died.

Arthur's widow needs to dispose of the two organs that he built urgently, as she needs to downsize.

There are two instruments available, both working(to some extent at least), but in need of some TLC.

1.  2mp organ built into the console of a Coventry electronic organ from a local church.  2 61-note manuals & 30 pedal keys - radiating & concave.  Stop tabs - 8+Trem (Swell) 8 pedal, 3 couplers, 8 Great  3 pistons for each manual (signs that 2 have been removed from each key slip).  Great working (1 note ciphering) and Pedal seems to be OK.  Swell not working when tried.

Console is in excellent condition - certainly too good to scrap.  Ideal for either refurbishment or MIDI retro-fit (or both!)

2.  Spinet-style organ - completely built by Mr Peel.  2 4-octave manuals, 13 note pedals.  38 rocker tabs plus 8 slider controls.  Working on a quick test, but some noisy key contacts (this organ appears to have been out of use for a while).  Again, a worthwhile restoration or MIDI project - or even a source of parts.

The person(s) wanting these organs will have to arrange transport.

Pictures attached.

Please contact Rev Tony Newnham in the first instance.

(I have some pix if anyone wants to see them.  Preference will be given to EOCS members - but others are welcome to contact me if interested)

David Pinnegar

Dear Tony

Presumably both analogue? Free phase or octave dividers? What do they sound like? Stoplists?

Best wishes

David P

revtonynewnham

Hi

I'm not sure what technology - I think the big one is a mix of analogue & digital - analogue - from the tuning accuracy - is probably dividers.  In the circumstances (the widow has taken Arthur's death very hard) it wasn't really possible to pull the organs out and remove back panels, etc.

The sounds that I heard were fairly typical "good" analogue to my ears.  A little over-bright maybe, and swamped in reverb!

I did speak to Arthur on the phone a couple of years back and he said that he was working on a part-analogue part digital system, so I wonder if the Swell of the Coventry is digital.

Sorry not to have more info.  If anyone is seriously interested, I can arrange a visit to see exactly what's what.

Every Blessing

Tony