News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Claviorganum on youtube

Started by dragonser, July 10, 2011, 07:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonser

Hi,
just saw this posted on the Harpsichord list.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9_OnCDk3-4&feature=player_embedded#at=35

it isn't that often that you see a Claviorganum on you tube.
[ in case anyone is wondering a Claviorganum is a small pipe organ and harpsichord which are coupled together ]

regards Peter B

David Pinnegar

Hi!

Last week I had the privilege to go to see the Colt Collection at Bethersden in Kent. Musicologically very interesting and I recommend anyone to form a group to make it worthwhile for them to open it up to you . . . Mainly of piano interest, there being an extraordinary collection of pianos and harpsichords but also a Claviorganum square piano. It was rather a revelation to find the piano-organ combination that I'd thought had been confined to harpsichords.

Best wishes

David P

dragonser

Hi,
I never knew there was such a thing as a pipe organ and square piano !
I haven't heard of the Colt collection before, but I know I have got a lot to learn about these things [ maybe that should be most things ! ].

regards Peter B

Quote from: David Pinnegar on July 10, 2011, 08:21:29 PM
Hi!

Last week I had the privilege to go to see the Colt Collection at Bethersden in Kent. Musicologically very interesting and I recommend anyone to form a group to make it worthwhile for them to open it up to you . . . Mainly of piano interest, there being an extraordinary collection of pianos and harpsichords but also a Claviorganum square piano. It was rather a revelation to find the piano-organ combination that I'd thought had been confined to harpsichords.

Best wishes

David P