News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Asbestos in pipe organs

Started by JJ, July 01, 2021, 12:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

Hi
I looking to you all as my font of knowledge and hoping you may be able to help me with a little research.
It has come to my attention that a number of organs have blower boxes that are lined with asbestos.
I am aware this topic has been discussed before and there are differing opinions.
I am open to all opinions but always feel this is a subject that is often met with aggressive defence and in this case, this is not necessary.
What I really want to find out is how often this occurs, whether  asbestos fibre release through the pipes is possible, IF the asbestos lining the box is disturbed/friable.
Has anyone come across this and does anyone have any air tests that have been conducted on such an instrument.
I thank you in advance for your time and cooperation, this will help me massively in my research of this area.
Please feel free to email me directly if you do not wish to post.