News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

FUTUR CONCERTS of ERIC DALEST

Started by dalestorgue, April 26, 2010, 06:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dalestorgue

ERIC DALEST
www.dalest.org

David Pinnegar

Dear Eric

Brilliant - thanks for posting here . . . But please could you tell us what programme you are playing where, and why you LOVE what you are proposing to play and why you are so enthusiastic to play that programme on the organ at the venue you have chosen to play at?

Best wishes

David P

dalestorgue

well, i'll try even if my english is not very good !!!

well , as my professor JEAN GUILLOU say : organ is like an orchestra ! with a lot of musical colors.
when i play organ recital , i play music for organ of course, but too transcriptions i've made from celebrous composer like STRAUSS, Saint SAENS (MAcaber Danse), chostakovitsch, Lanner, Fucik etc etc ....
At the end of each concert  i made an improvisation : the theme is very "simply" : i ask 5 or 6 notes at the public and them i've got the theme. for example : C Bb A F# G D ....
for the public it's very important that during 1 hour 30 mn, the have all the possibility of an organ!!!
the most important too (for me i think) is that the public had to listen not only one period of the musical organ history but a "pannel" of a lot of centuries (from XVIII° to XIX° centuries)
and the enjoy it.
at the end, i play like BIS the RADETSKY MARSCH of STRAUSS !
and the public appluse in rythm with this music ! and i see their smiles !!
that's fantastic to give pleasure !!!!

is it clear?
bye bye
ERIC DALEST
www.dalest.org

David Pinnegar

Dear Eric

BRILLIANT - thanks. It's wonderful to have a glimpse of enthusiasms here. Perhaps on each concert you might announce it a fortnight beforehand, tell people what you are playing (and why etc etc) and perhaps tell them a bit about the organ that you're playing on each occasion and what you love about it. In the course of time, this will feed the fires of enthusiasm. We have to show to people who have not been to an organ recital before the sort of excitement that they are missing out on . . .

With concerts in France, Spain, Italy or Germany, please do write in French, Spanish, Italian or German.

Encouraging people to come to organ recitals has to be a really wide cultural thing that has to cross the bounds of languages, of which English is not universal, and nationalities.

I have a client
http://www.initaly.co.uk/rome/fiuggi.accommodation.apartment.montecassino/
with whom I was discussing their "Unique Selling Point" of encouraging people to stay in Fiuggi, comparing it with Rieti where the organ there is causing hotels to be filled, and my client said that there are a number of cathedrals locally with superb organs but that audience levels had dropped to the point where good organists refused to go there.

So really without setting alight the fires of the boilers of enthusiasm, the King of Instruments will lose wind.

Best wishes

David P

dalestorgue

yes, when i can, of course i present each piece of music i play in Englisch, German , Italian and French.
not at all FRENCH because i made all my concerts in other country of my country ^^

that's life !!!

10 concerts in other countries for 1 in France !!

well, of course when i see all the enthousiasm of the public i know that the public come back to home with smiles !!!
and i've got a lot of children in the public !!! they are happy too !!!!
ERIC DALEST
www.dalest.org