News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

The Harrison Story

Started by Barrie Davis, July 24, 2011, 08:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrie Davis

Hi Im trying to find a copy of this book at a reasonable price, any offers?

Barrie

Jonathan Lane

revtonynewnham

Hi

I would also buy one if it came my way at a reasonable price.  I don't think I've seen more than one copy of this - ever.  I gather that it's also somewhat dated now because of recent research - but I don't know of anything else that's been published on the subject.

Every Blessing

Tony

Jonathan Lane

Abe Books has a number of copies ranging from a 'cheap' £75 to a more extravagant £205!  If one is feeling rich, or wins the Euro Lottery, it could be afforded.  It would also be useful to consider republishing with an updated section, so Elvin's fantastic account of H&H can find a new audience.

Jonathan

Barrie Davis

Thanks for the information Jonathan Im afraid thats a little out of my price range, my search will continue. I do wish Positif Press could do a facsimile version of it and also possibly do ones of the Rotunda as those were most interesting.

Best wishes

Barrie

Jonathan Lane

Me too Barrie!  But I agree about Positif.

Jonathan

hector17

I have one for sale - PM me if you're interested.  It's in pretty good condition, just not on the website yet.

www.paulisom.com

Barrie Davis

I have sent you a pm Hector

Barrie

hector17

The copy of the Harrison Story by Elvin is now on my website (www.paulisom.com).  The book is in really excellent condition and still has it's dust cover (from memory, I think it's the purple one with St Clement Danes on the front).  I've checked prices against what I paid for it, and as far as I can see it's the cheapest available. 

We are on holiday until the 26th August and it will be despatched shortly after this.

First come first served!

Hector

P.S.  The book sales will shortly be moving to a new website www.secondhandorganbooks.weebly.com
P.P.S  If any clever boffins have any ideas about how I can effectively list the copies of the periodicals without having to do them laboriously one by one, I'd be grateful for some advice.

hector17

Now sold.

I have had a flurry of activity on the site this week and am gradually adding items.  I have a set of CDs which are rather unique - all by Jean-Jacques Kasel of Luxembourg.  He is a pupil of Guillou and has made a number of CDs, all on Guillou designed (or inspired) organ and built by Kleuker.  The exception is a rather fine instrument by Tambourini/Bonata.  The other two items are the superb collector's edition of the Organs of Luxembourg Volumes 1 and 2.  They come complete with CDs, specifications and colour photos of the organs and collector's edition stamps as well.  Please look at the website for more details.

H

organforumadmin

Quote from: hector17 on July 31, 2011, 09:34:44 AMPlease look at the website for more details.

H

Dear H

Please might I suggest that you add your website(s) to your signature in your profile and then it's both easy for people to go through to them and also the might get better google rankings. . . increasing with your number of posts here with links through to them. It would be great, if possible also, if you could possibly return links from your sites back to this forum . . .

Best wishes

Forum Admin

hector17