News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

hi!

Started by ftigli, May 08, 2010, 08:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ftigli

Derar friends, do you know the SCPOP project ?? it is quite "vintage" now.. but we made it on 1997 , developed up to 2003.. and many friends enjoy with it..   see here www.scpop.de  there are some mp3 to hear..

Bye :-)

revtonynewnham

Hi

I've read the web page a couple of times, but not having access to a Sound Canvas device, that's as far as it got.

Every Blessing

Tony

David Pinnegar

Hi!

I have read about it before but again not had access to a Sound Canvas device . . . and am wondering really what the best sort of equipment is to replay soundfont type or other sample sets.

I have a chamber organ which would be great to do a sample set of . . . but as I don't run Hauptwerk, Hauptwerk won't give me the spec with which a sample set should comply. It's a loss to the Hauptwerk community and I'll probably make it available for something else and SCPOP looks interesting

Best wishes

David P

dragonser

Hi,
well as far as I know the format for Hauptwerk has changed between the versions.
but the later versions can read the earlier files. the later versions are as far as I know encrypted, but I think that version 1 files are  wav files ( one for each pipe ! ).
there are additional files / graphic images  needed to define the console etc.
I think that starting with a small / chamber organ to sample is a good idea as it might work out to be a lot of work.
regards Peter B

revtonynewnham

Hi

There is now a free version of Hauptwerk available - it has limitations, but is fine for smaller organs.  The late, lamented "My Organ" Freeware will read Hauptwerk 1 files, but nothing higher.  (I must have been one of the last to download "My Organ" before it was withdrawn (I heard that the owners of Hauptwerk were threatening legal action - but that may just be a runour).  There is another open source organ simulator "Grande Orgue" which appears to be similar to My Organ and probably only runs HW1 files (I've not looked at it in any detail, as it seems to use more computer resources than "My Organ" or HW.  The writes of Grande Orgue say that they are working on an open source alternative to HW in its current incarnation.

I have in the past seen instruction on the web for producing sound fonts/samples for HW.

Every Blessing

Tony