News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Difficulties in posting

Started by Barry Williams, August 06, 2011, 01:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Williams

Does anyone else find problems in posting? 

I find that beyond a few lines, the cursor jumps back, making sensible posting extremely difficult unless one restricts the posting to a few lines.  Perhaps it has been set up that way deliberately to discourage longer posts.

Barry Williams

Jonathan Lane

Hi Barry,

I'm not having any problems, although have not been posting any long posts for a week or so, but am mostly doing this on mobile broadband.

A couple of questions, what type of machine are you using, Mac or PC, and what operating system?

Have you tried posting from a different machine?

Best wishes,

Jonathan

Barry Williams

Jonthan,

Thank you for your response.

I have posted from three different machines and found the same problem each time.  It only occurs after many lines of text have been written.  Perhaps I should shorten my posts!

barry

Jonathan Lane

Quote from: Barry Williams on August 06, 2011, 03:25:35 PM
Jonthan,

Thank you for your response.

I have posted from three different machines and found the same problem each time.  It only occurs after many lines of text have been written.  Perhaps I should shorten my posts!

barry
There may well be a glitch in the software, usually server related, it'll probably sort itself out, so keep up with the long posts where appropriate!

Jonathan

revtonynewnham

Hi

I've not noticed anything - but the long post yesterday was copied and pasted from elsewhere, so tha's not a fair indication; and generally, I try to avoid lengthy posts (but don't always succeed!)

Every Blessing

Tony

Barry Williams

I think that is what some people do anyway.  I have noticed that the eighth control button above the frame 'M' ( for 'move') is constantly moving whilst I am posting.  Perhaps that is the problem.  It certainly makes posting very difficult.

Perhaps David can help on this one.

Barry Williams

David Pinnegar

Hi!

Occasionally on Internet Explorer lines overshoot the width of the text box but on Chrome and on Firefox I haven't had difficulties. There may be an answer on some SMF (Simple Machines Forum) which is the software in use. The layout tweaks which permit Google Ads etc shouldn't be making a difference.

Best wishes

David P