News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

D'Arcy Trinkwon on the Welte organ at the Saloman Tunbridge Wells 21st May

Started by David Pinnegar, May 16, 2010, 08:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

Hi!

Friday, 21st May 2010 at 7.30pm

GUILMANT: March on a theme of Handel, Op.15
FESTING: Largo, Aria & VAriations (arr. Thalben-Ball)
LISZT: Symphonic Poem 'Orpheus' (arr. Guillou)
PAINE: Concert Variations on the Austrian Hymn, Op.3
BOSSI: Toccata di Concerto, Op.118 No.5

DUPRE: Scherzo
VIERNE: Naiades, Op.55 No.4
WIDOR: Andante Cantabile (Symphonie Op.13 No.4 in F minor)
GARDONYI: Grand-Choeur
WAGNER: Pilgrims Chorus (arr. Liszt)
GRISON: Toccata

Tickets £15 (Friends of the Welte Organ £7.50)  from 01892 507609 or boxoffice@salomons.org.uk

www.tunbridgewellsfestival.co.uk

www.salomonscentre.org.uk

www.darcytrinkwon.com

One of the leading international virtuoso organists of his generation, D'Arcy has been described as "The Nureyev of organists"; his extraordinary pedal technique is famous. He will perform a typically varied, colourful and thrilling programme – including some works specifically to show off the remarkable Welte organ. 

The unique Welte organ, built in 1914 and recently restored to its full playing glory is housed in the splendid oak-panelled Victorian Science Theatre – an important and fascinating historic venue. 

The setting of this magnificent 36 acre estate is breathtaking; so arrive early to enjoy the views of the rolling parkland and lakes and take refreshments on the terrace. 

Why not book in for pre-concert supper?

Salomons
Broomhill Road
Southborough
Tunbridge Wells
Kent TN3 0TG

Best wishes

David P

NonPlayingAnorak

Quote from: David Pinnegar on May 16, 2010, 08:32:54 PM
Hi!

Friday, 21st May 2010 at 7.30pm

GUILMANT: March on a theme of Handel, Op.15
FESTING: Largo, Aria & VAriations (arr. Thalben-Ball)
LISZT: Symphonic Poem 'Orpheus' (arr. Guillou)
PAINE: Concert Variations on the Austrian Hymn, Op.3
BOSSI: Toccata di Concerto, Op.118 No.5

DUPRE: Scherzo
VIERNE: Naiades, Op.55 No.4
WIDOR: Andante Cantabile (Symphonie Op.13 No.4 in F minor)
GARDONYI: Grand-Choeur
WAGNER: Pilgrims Chorus (arr. Liszt)
GRISON: Toccata

Tickets £15 (Friends of the Welte Organ £7.50)  from 01892 507609 or boxoffice@salomons.org.uk

www.tunbridgewellsfestival.co.uk

www.salomonscentre.org.uk

www.darcytrinkwon.com

One of the leading international virtuoso organists of his generation, D'Arcy has been described as "The Nureyev of organists"; his extraordinary pedal technique is famous. He will perform a typically varied, colourful and thrilling programme – including some works specifically to show off the remarkable Welte organ. 

The unique Welte organ, built in 1914 and recently restored to its full playing glory is housed in the splendid oak-panelled Victorian Science Theatre – an important and fascinating historic venue. 

The setting of this magnificent 36 acre estate is breathtaking; so arrive early to enjoy the views of the rolling parkland and lakes and take refreshments on the terrace. 

Why not book in for pre-concert supper?

Salomons
Broomhill Road
Southborough
Tunbridge Wells
Kent TN3 0TG

Best wishes

David P

[Prejudicial comments removed]

KB7DQH

ROFL ;D  That bad, eh?  In that case is the organ worth a listen?  I mean, one could confine a cat to the manuals and  would the instrument make a decent account for itself :o ??? ::)

I bring this up as the family cat would occasionally make its way onto the keys of the family piano from time to time... One had to remember to replace the key cover when that cat was in ;) ;) ;) or delight in the randomness!

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

NonPlayingAnorak

The organ is, I believe, rather good. [Prejudicial comment removed]

revtonynewnham

Hi

I can't comment on the player - I've never heard him live, and it I have heard him on the radio, I've not really noticed.  However, the organ is well worth a listen - it's probably a unique example of a large house organ, complete with roll player, remaining in its original home, and recently restored.

What annoys me is that at one time I was a regular visitor to David Saloman's House (when it was owned & used by the NHS) and I never even realized that there was an organ on the premises.

I only wish it wasn't so far away!

Every Blessing

Tony