News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Organ builder apprentices who would like to try their arm

Started by BachMeer, September 19, 2011, 07:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BachMeer

Hi all

I'm new here - nice to meet you all!
Are there any organ builders learning the ropes who would fancy giving my pipe facade a re painting? I've been quoted stupid money and am hoping that I can get it done cheaper and maybe provide useful experience to someone in the process!

There are 45 of them.

Thanks!
BachMeer

NEorganist

Hi there. I'm quite new to the site myself and just saw your post. Out of interest, where is this organ? I assume they are display pipes from the Open Diapason/Principal?

BachMeer

Hi Sorry for the delay - yes they are.
The organ is in Manchester.

Is there anyone in Manchester who would be able to do a great repainting job of these pipes?

thanks!!

NEorganist

I assume you would like these pipes sprayed; it will give you a better finish than painting. Have you any special spraying equipment yourself? If not, any quote will automatically include use of this. Spray cans will dramatically reduce the cost, and therefore be your cheapest option.  Is there any deadline for this work to be done?
Let me know how you get along.

Andrew

BachMeer

Hi Andrew

Thanks for yr reply. No equipment and no deadline really no. I just want the pipes re spraying in gold. Do you know anyone who would be able to do them cheaply?

thanks!
Kevin

AnOrganCornucopia

I'd love to give it a go but I'm far too far South for you, I'm afraid!