News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Musician backs organ repairs...

Started by KB7DQH, October 01, 2011, 05:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KB7DQH

QuoteBic backs organ repairs
VICKI ANDERSON
Last updated 05:00 30/09/2011

Christchurch-born songstress Bic Runga is happy to be an organ donor, so to speak.

After a five-year hiatus and the birth of her son in 2007, Runga is releasing her fourth solo album Belle in November and will play two Christchurch shows in December at St Michael and All Angels Church as part of a 17-date national acoustic church tour.

She will donate $2 from the sale of every ticket towards the restoration of the church's 1872 Bevington three-manual pipe organ.

The historic Victorian Gothic wooden church has survived three major earthquakes and thousands of aftershocks almost unscathed.

However, the organ was damaged in the February 22 quake and was removed for repairs and renovation that will cost $500,000.

"This will be my first major tour on my own for several years and I'm really happy to be performing again. I'm excited by the ambience of churches and looking forward to returning to a number that I played at in 2004. I'll be playing with my band, Mint Chicks' Kody Nielsen, bass player Michael Logie (F In Math) and at times solo."
Ad Feedback

- The Press

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/5708009/Bic-backs-organ-repairs

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."