News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Masterclass on the Pedal Harpsichord 4th Nov Barbican centre London

Started by dragonser, October 07, 2011, 10:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonser

Hi,
I saw this on a music list and just thought someone might be interested.
Masterclass on the Pedal harpsichord. Royal College of Organists.
St Giles Cripplegate in the Barbican Centre on Friday 4 November from 2.00pm – 5.00pm.A pedal-harpsichord (a harpsichord with a full pedalboard) would have been found in the home of most German organists during the Baroque period. Bach possibly wrote his Trio Sonatas for pedal-harpsichord, and his Passacaglia was also arguably for pedal-harpsichord.

Under the guidance of the brilliant young Slovenian keyboardist Dalibor Miklavcic, become a Baroque German organist for the afternoon, discovering the sensations and sounds of working on this now rare and fascinating instrument.

Restricted to 6 active participants students of at least grade 7 keyboard standard, but observers of any standard will also find this class very interesting.

Fee for players: £60.00, for booking form see http://rco.org.uk/pdfs/Autumn11applicationform%28updated%29.pdf

also Reminder,
The next day Saturday 5 November, also at St Giles Cripplegate.
the RCO London Organ Forum featuring Dalibor Miklavcic, on the subject of
The Organist at Home – exploring the pedal harpsichord
Details at http://www.rco.org.uk/events.php?eventid=214

regards Peter B

revtonynewnham

Hi

I've got an LP of one of the Bach Passacalias on pedal harpsichord - it works pretty well.  Another home practice instrument of the era was the pedal clavichord - another fascinating instrument.  The Go-Art published book on Bach & the Pedal Clavichord is well worth reading - but rather expensive (I got one to read via the library!)

Every Blessing

Tony