News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

possible Hope Jones Organ bench ( and Diaphone ) on ebay

Started by dragonser, December 10, 2011, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

Quote from: Lucien Nunes on December 30, 2011, 11:02:53 AMI expect even the diehard tracker enthusiasts here will agree that a nearly-unaltered example of Hope-Jones-designed action deserves to be returned to working order as it has survived with much of the original wiring, stop switching, magnets etc (except for what was modified in 1923). So it's a matter of using original materials and where there is damage and parts are missing, identifying the most likely original circuit configurations, just as it is for the pipework in most organs.

:-)

I made a flippant comment about electrics being incompatible with organs, but in truth, true conservation and preservation is to repair something as you find it and as it is meant to be (where obvious without speculation) rather than forcing any found object into a preconceived format.

Best wishes

David P

Barrie Davis

Thats brilliant, it would be good to have it restored to HJs original concept

ComptonNewbie

Sorry, at the risk of re-awakening an old thread, I can confirm the H-J organ at St Mary's, Croydon was broken up by Allen when they installed a toaster.  At least some of the pipework was saved, as I understand a couple of the VdO string ranks are for sale up in Glasgow.  With an asking price of £500, I didn't pursue it for my own project organ.

Simon.

Quote from: dragonser on December 25, 2011, 09:47:05 AM
Hi,
the Catholic Church Near West Croydon now have an Allen Electronic......
I know as
I had to visit recently to repair their Yamaha Digital Piano.
there may be more info on the npor  website ?
I seem to remember reading that the original Organ wasn't saved ? :( 

regards Peter B