News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Guest from Japan 119.63.196.39 is printing out the whole of this site

Started by organforumadmin, July 21, 2011, 10:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

organforumadmin

Hi!

Statistics report that the whole forum is being printed by a guest visiting the forum in Japan. Is the Organ having an influence in Japan?

It would be great to welcome guests from Japan to join the forum and contribute to discussions, asking questions, and we will be as helpful and informative as we can be . . .

Best wishes

Forum Admin

Jonathan Lane

I thought the whole idea of internet forums was to discuss things whilst saving on paper.  One must wonder how many trees it will take to print the whole thing!

Jonathan

KB7DQH

Not to mention the cost of the ink cartridges :o ???

Most of the pipe organs in Japan are installed in concert halls...  For whatever reason Japan has a great appreciation of Western Classical music... likely to a greater extent per capita than in the societies where it originated :o :o :o :o :o : :-[

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

KB7DQH

So off to the Clustrmaps page I go, and for whatever reason China has Japan beat in terms of number of pageviews.... Hmmmmmm....

Casavant Freres has their website published in English, French, and, Chinese :o :o :o :o :o

This has resulted in that firm building and installing at least one pipe organ there...

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

Jonathan Lane

Hmmmm.... Clearly when we have time we need to translate our website into Chinese, and perhaps Japanese, French, Italian, German, Arabic, the list goes on!

Jonathan

organforumadmin

It appears now a few days later that the printer is still printing!

This forum goes far and as a result I would encourage all who can contribute usefully to join and spread the word . . . that ORGANS ARE GREAT!

Best wishes

Forum Admin

KB7DQH

QuoteIt appears now a few days later that the printer is still printing!

:o 8) ;) And with the exponential increase in traffic on the forum spawned by a desire to produce a documentary on the pipe organ... will it ever stop ??? ??? ???  I can hear the forests falling :o

Eric
KB7DQH