News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Organ in Coventry

Started by diapason, June 24, 2011, 10:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diapason

organforumadmin

Dear Nigel

Yes - thanks - there was an alert about this on Facebook yesterday and the author was invited to post here as there is a constant stream of people visiting this forum as guests some of whom are looking for a good instrument . . . but the author has his work cut out to keep up with his facebook updates instead  ;) :)  (where he keeps his audience most heartily entertained) . . . or perhaps he's pulled our legs yet again and you and he are one and the same - in which case particularly welcome and we look forward to manifestations of your wonderful sense of humour . . .

This instrument is in very real and immediate danger from the copper having been stolen from the roof and the site generally receiving the undue attentions of metal thieves.

Links to photos are on
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150165695001639.336021.555981638&l=427b58c6ed
and the specification looks most interestingly useful for a versatile instrument with lots of tone colour in a bright acoustic
http://www.npor.org.uk/cgi-bin/Rsearch.cgi?Fn=Rsearch&rec_index=D03111

Hopefully a home can be found for it sooner rather than later as it's clearly in urgent need. In view of the urgency we may email all members on account of not all members checking into the forum every day.

Pedal   Key action El  Stop action El  Compass-low   Compass-high   Keys
               1   Acoustic Bass   32    C
               2   Salicional   16    B
               3   Bourdon   16    C
               4   Salicet    8    B
               5   Bass Flute    8    C
               6   Flute   4   C
Great   Key action El  Stop action El  Compass-low   Compass-high   Keys
               7   Contra Salicional   16    B
               8   Open Diapason    8   
               9   Hohl Flute    8   
               10   Stopped Diapason    8   A, from Swell
               11   Salicional    8    B
               12   Principal    4   
               13   Salicet   4   B
               14   Quartane   II   
Swell   Key action El  Stop action El  Compass-low   Compass-high   Keys
               15   Spitzflöte    8   
               16   Stopped Diapason    8   A
               17   Echo Gamba    8   
               18   Gemshorn    4   
               19   Trumpet    8
The Trumpet is reputed to be very nice and merely as an aside observation I had always been dubious about Acoustic Basses until experiencing the one at Kingston a few weeks ago.

This instrument is compact and would be ideal to replace an electronic somewhere.

Best wishes

Forum Admin

PS In order to cut and paste from the NPOR listing I had to paste into a text editor first and then copy from there to paste here in order to avoid picking up formatting code embedded in the NPOR webpage which made the character length too long for posting into the Forum text entry box - hope this tip is useful for anyone else.

diapason

Unfortunately, I am not the learned Mr Allcoat  :-[.  I do hope that by circulating this widely we can find a home for what seems like a very useful instrument for a small church.  This is the second organ which has come up in Coventry this week - the other, which was mentioned here a few days ago, is still on Ebay.

Nigel

Janner

The original contributor on the forum where this started has just added the following comment:

"I am happy to say that a builder comes to take all away on Tuesday. It has been so heartening to receive so many encouragements from a multitude of people both publicly and private. I had no idea that help could come so quickly."

:)

diapason

Good news indeed.  It would be nice to know where the organ is destined to go - and hopefully to hear it in it's new homw.

Nigel