News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Best source of bulk and historic components

Started by David Pinnegar, April 20, 2011, 08:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

Hi!

http://www.ssi-uk.com may be of interest to anyone looking for large numbers of components or semiconductors long out of production which might be needed for repair of old electronic systems.

Best wishes

David P

dragonser

Hi,
and they happen to be nearby to me !
I would certainly recommend them. [ but I may not be the most impartial person to comment about them ]
also I would recommend
http://www.dalbani.co.uk/

Nikko Electronics   also in Surrey

regards Peter B

KB7DQH

I find the timing of this topic intriguing as a similar discussion has developed on an amateur radio related reflector simultaneously... and that there are manufacturers claiming to be making "part X" however the original manufacturer who discontinued making "part X"  has never licensed anyone else to make "part X" :o :o :o

One should in a critical application be sure they are getting "New Old Stock" to be certain that the circuit behaves as it should when the work is complete ;D

Fortunately audio circuits are nowhere near as critical as dealing with RF and microwave so newer products with similar (or vastly improved) specifications may be substituted provided one is willing to deal with "form factor" issues... things like finding DIP IC's no longer being offered in that package
but now available in a SOT package (surface-mount and MUCH smaller ;) and having to hand-fabricate some form of circuit interface, especially if the original device was mounted with a socket ;D ;D ;D

It is certainly not difficult to find businesses who purchase remaining stocks of discontinued components and resell them... but finding businesses who will deal with "consumer" customers who need only purchase  single components or small quantities.

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."