News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Another organ casuality as Welsh House of God is claimed by Mammon

Started by David Pinnegar, May 15, 2012, 12:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

Hi!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290711957711

If I need to, I apologise for what people might consider to be "banging on" about faith topics on this forum, but the continued thrust of development of housing for people who don't understand the need to house God (Force of creation of Order out of Disorder) in their hearts or in their communities has a continued negative impact on us all.

It is for this reason that personally I search for what churches mean, what Christ means, what God means and how better the concepts inherent in Christ's teachings can be shown to be more relevant in people's lives than they are. In the absence of Christ in chapels and cathedrals, mosques will be built, and being a younger perspective on God than Christianity, Christianity has the advantage of short circuiting the centuries of immaturity of wars and strife through which it has journied to allow free thought and encompassing interpretations - if we will allow them to surface.

When one shows a Muslim the Genesis 1 intrepretation of God, the Genesis 2 interpretation on the evolution of knowledge and faith for us to grow our own crops of Genesis 1 definition of God, and Jesus walking not on the physical water but upon the sea of circumstances upon which we float and asking us to come with him in faith, it becomes plain that the Great Prophet led a path to, but not ownership of, God.

It is for this reason of the flux in society that organs and the faith they proclaim are an anchor in the civilisation for which our ancestors sacrificed.

Best wishes

David P

Contrabombarde

I thought this same organ was discussed on this very forum quite recently.

Whilst off the immediate topic, I came across an interesting paper some years ago that develops the question you pose about the divergence of Christianity and Islam. Whilst Islam accepts the creation of Adam (Genesis 2), there is no equivalent for Genesis 3 and from that stems the divergence. In Genesis 3 we have a God who has given man free will to choose to accept or reject Him; we have a God who is in a loving relationship with man - "and they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day" - and we see a God who is prepared to stoop down into man's now sinful world in search of His lost creation and give him the chance to respond. The lack of recognition that God could or would do these things is I think a useful starting point for understanding why so often conversations between Christians and Muslims seem to go right past each other with neither understanding where the other is coming from or where they are heading.

http://debate.org.uk/new/debate-topics/theological/hermkey/

KB7DQH

It is for this reason that personally I search for what churches mean, what Christ means, what God means and how better the concepts inherent in Christ's teachings can be shown to be more relevant in people's lives than they are.

Trust me, you aren't the only one... While reading throughhttp://debate.org.uk/new/debate-topics/theological/hermkey/  and much of what has been presented elsewhere I experienced something of an "A-HA!" moment...  More recently I found the following statements written by someone else regarding "something completely different" which served only to compound my understanding:

Mankind is, in principle, an immortal species. Unlike the mere animals, our so-called "death" is not the end for what we have developed to become our own higher form of life: insofar as we rely on those specifically creative, voluntary powers lacking among the beasts. We are to be defined properly by the true meaning which is embodied, not in our deaths, but in the proper further consequence of our mortal existence during and beyond our life-span, an existence whose meaning is that by which we may justly hope that our coming and passing shall lift our species to a still higher quality of existence, all done in our given power as an intentionally creative being, an accomplishment made in the course of the passing of each new generation to rise to an intended higher mission than that before.

Therefore, what I recognize in the trans-Atlantic part of the world as today's leading problem, is the variously asserted, or merely implicit presumption, that the efficient meaning of the individual human life ends with the death of that individual. I view such a belief as a form of a foolishly practiced evil which implicitly condones all crimes against mankind and Creator alike.

The root of common error in belief and practice, is for me, and I think many others living today, the wrongheaded sort of implicit presumption, that the meaning of the individual's human life ceases with the death of that individual. Granted: there are still religious organizations, and even sole individuals, who will defend a notion of the intrinsic immortality of the individual human life as a sentiment, but who, nonetheless, present no credible expression to that end in their actual experience of a sense of, and active role in the efficient meaning of such a continued influence (as if: "I built that for you!") of the soon-to-become-deceased person in the meaning of the life of the coming future generations.

The most saddening fact of contemporary experience among those still living, is the lack of a vital inspiration respecting the consequences of one's own life for the future benefit of mankind's future generations. That lack is already a terrible thing on its own account.

On that account, the human species is not like any other species presently known to us. On that account, consider the signal Chapter 13 of the Apostle Paul's I Corinthians, the which is so widely (relatively) circulated among the formal Christians, and also beyond. The distinction of the human being, is to be recognized in the role of those creative powers of the individual human mind which do not exist in any other presently known creature. These are our access to a true immortality.

Is that religion? For mankind, the intention expressed by devotion of the human individual to such an eternal mission assigned to the future, is the only truthfully ultimate reality.

I will say this again, the previous was written about a subject far removed from that of the one currently under discussion, but the statement highlighted above in blue certainly has its applications here... so there is no need to
Quoteapologise for what people might consider to be "banging on" about faith topics on this forum
;D

Awhile back I mentioned in private correspondence about my theory that the Pipe Organ represents within our Society a "canary in the coal-mine"...  or possibly a better analogy might be as biologists view "indicator species", those which if an ecosystem is in trouble will disappear from it first... but may prove essential to the function of the remaining species within that ecosystem...  More and more I am discovering that this theory, although a theory still, at least within my mind, has growing validity. 

Eric
KB7DQH

The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."