News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

St Jude's Plymouth

Started by makemoreandmore, February 24, 2012, 07:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makemoreandmore

AnOrganCornucopia

I'm pretty sure that's been discussed on another board. I shall see if its Plymouth correspondent could be tempted to join this board. It looks like quite a fine instrument, and Heles were always first-class jobs in terms of construction quality, though they are not to everyone's taste musically (and can be a bit variable). Hele often bought in reeds from Cavaillé-Coll, too (particularly for their early instruments, as with this one). I am most encouraged that the church takes the following view:

Quotewe want to help find it a good home where its wonderful range and character can be used. So our Church organ is for sale – but where it goes and who can hear it is far more important than the price

and not "it must be gone by April 1st". Would be nice if they could fix the typos in the spec!

diapason

This has been on the IBO site for a while now.  Another casualty of the 'Jimmy Shand and is Band' brigade which future generations will regret.  Very sad.
N

MusingMuso

It really is unbelievable that "they" seem to want to discard organs for the sheer sake of it, as if they represent something old and useless.

If the "pop" brigade want to call something "old and useless," perhaps they may like to listen to a podcast repeat of the Jubilee Concert, which showed just how pop-stars age disgracefully in just a single generation.

I am curently listening to the Jubilee service from St Paul's. How refreshing to hear excellent young voices, properly trained; showing the "celebrities" how it should be done.

MM