News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

3 manual to be replaced with digital

Started by Holditch, May 04, 2011, 12:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holditch

Dubois is driving me mad! must practice practice practice

revtonynewnham

Hi

I happen to know this organ (and the seller) - it's a very poor example of a pipe organ, and given the finances of the church, a digital really is the best option - since a veirtually new pipe organ isn't fincanically viable.  Whilst this organ mat provide some useable parts and piopework, it's far from adequate - and I understand, too crammed intop a chamber to maintain properly.  The swell box is poor, the balances between manuals are all over the place - not a good organ by any standard (I spent several hours playing it about 3 years ago - we were on holiday in the area, and I needed to rehearse for a recital the day after we returned home).

Whilst a substantial rebuild or a new pipe organ would be ideal, it's just not viable.

Sadly, there are some pipe organs that really are just not worth preserving.

Every Blessing

Tony

Barrie Davis

Hi

I agree with Tony, it is not worth saving, but some of the pipework will find a new home.
The scheme is very typical of Leonard Reeves, he rebuilt Tividale Parish Church, the church has long since been demolished. The Positive in this case was placed over the entry to the Lady Chapel, the Great Swell and Pedal being in the chancel, this disposition never worked.
Reeves consoles are not bad at all, I am surprised Prestatyn did not have it reused for their new digital organ.

Barrie