News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Peter Conacher organ on ebay

Started by Victor Potter, June 30, 2011, 12:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Potter

A Peter Conacher two manual organ has appeared on ebay at Acrefair Wrexham. Nice case and looks as if it may have possibilities.

organforumadmin

Hi!

A search for "Church Organ" turned it up -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Church-Organ-/120740740405

Best wishes

Forum Admin

Barry Williams

Well done VC for tracing it. 

£3,000?  That seems a little expensive for such an instrument, though the case is quite handsome.

Barry Williams

revtonynewnham

Hi

If this is http://www.npor.org.uk/cgi-bin/Rsearch.cgi?Fn=Rsearch&rec_index=N11761 then I agree with Barry that the price is a little high - and I don't think I'd be inclined to change anything.

I'm not sure if this is the correct organ - it's the only Conachert on NPOR in Wrexham - searching for Acrefair revealed a church closed 20 years ago, and another church with a Positive organ co. instrument listed.

I really don't have time to chase up any further at present - I've got a funeral visit in a little while (one of "those" where the deceased used to attend a Baptist church many years ago and so wants a "Baptist" funeral!)
Every Blessing

Tony

Barrie Davis

Hi Tony

I couldnt find it either and think the link you have is possibly correct.

Best wishes

Barrie

jcrouch55

Well the Rev Coleman is Priest in Charge at Rhosymedre (where have we heard of that)  St John which does not for which the NPOR says "No further information available".

revtonynewnham

Hi

Could well be - that's why I pointed out that my tentative identification of the NPOR survey might not be correct!

If anyone on the board follows this up, an e-mail to NPOR with the relevant details of the organ would be appreciated.

Every Blessing

Tony

jcrouch55

I've emailed the gentlemen asking various questions and will happily pass the answers on to NPOR.  What do people know of Conacher instruments - I only know the name?

Janner

Quote from: jcrouch55 on July 01, 2011, 11:00:54 AM
I've emailed the gentlemen asking various questions and will happily pass the answers on to NPOR.  What do people know of Conacher instruments - I only know the name?

Would be interested to know if you have had any reply yet? I sent a similar e-mail on the 30th. but have had no response so far.

jcrouch55

Victor - thanks for the link.

Janner - no reply as yet.

Janner

Has anyone found out or heard anything more about this one yet? It's still on ebay.

The wording of the information suggests it was written by someone with some knowledge of organs in general and this instrument in particular, yet basic facts like the overall dimensions, essential for anyone looking for an organ, have not been given.

So far, e-mails requesting the basics have not been answered. Offers appear to have been made by two different people but all are marked expired.

Strange.

Janner

This sale has now ended on eBay. No replies to enquiries were ever received.

The highest offer appears to have been £1,500, marked expired on 6th. July. The last offer was £500 made, and expired, yesterday, so not sure which, if any, gets the organ.

Both bidders have feedback in German, so appear to be from a German speaking area. There was one other, lower, offer. (English).

Jonathan Lane

It is interesting that the price of organs listed on eBay keeps going up, but the amount people are prepared to pay for them remains the same.  We rarely pay much if anything.  I think the most we have paid was £500 and that is because we wanted the movable console! We often don't pay anything.

Jonathan

jcrouch55

I received no replies either to emails or to a request for further information via eBay itself.  I did find a telephone number for the Rev Coleman but in the end decided not to follow up as the instrument looks too large and too Victorian for our needs.  But if anyone did want to find out more then just google Rev A Coleman Rhosymedre.

Jonathan Lane

I think Jeremy, at the rate things are coming up on eBay, it will only be a matter of time before you find exactly what you need!

Best wishes,

Jonathan